City of Lake Helen, Human Resources
|Thank you for your interest in the City of Lake Helen!
The City of Lake Helen does not have any employment opportunities at this time.
Known as the “Gem of Florida”, Lake Helen was founded by Henry DeLand and named after his daughter. Intended as one of the prettiest and most pleasant towns in Florida, the residents are proud of the well preserved Victorian architecture and small‐town atmosphere.
Incorporated as the Town of Lake Helen on October 24, 1888. With a population of 2700, Lake Helen’s land area is approximately 4 square miles. There are 20 miles of paved roads and 4 miles of unpaved roads. The City’s recreational facilities include Blake Park, Royal Park, Lake Macy Park, Melissa Park, Mitchell Sports Complex. Equestrian Center/Trailhead, as well as Asa Gray Park.
Personnel Review Board: Sherry Mauraides, Rick Taylor, Donna Hutchins, Bart Gawlikowski (Alternate)
20.02.01 Purpose and duties:
- A. It is the purpose of the Personnel Review Board to hear all problems, grievances or complaints relating to city employees in a fair, impartial and objective manner and to make recommendations to the City Commission as a result of these hearings.
- B. The Personnel Review Board shall:
- Hear appeals in cases of any regular status employee who has successfully completed his probationary period involving dismissals, demotions, suspensions or reductions in pay adverse actions;
- Hear appeals in cases involving employee examination results or position classification decisions;
- Hear appeals in cases involving allegations of illegal discrimination against employees in any personnel transactions;
- Render advisory opinions to the commission on personnel matters brought before the Personnel Review Board;
- Have the power to administer oaths, call witnesses, and may compel the production of books, records, and papers pertinent to any investigation or hearing.(Ord. No. 80-4, § II, 6-5-80)
November 13, 2018
Public Records Request Information Custodian of City of Lake Helen Public Records:
Lauren Cowles, Deputy City Clerk
Mailing Address: PO Box 39, Lake Helen, Florida 32744
Physical Address: 327 S. Lakeview Drive, Lake Helen, Florida 32744
Email Address: / Phone: (386) 228-2493 / Fax: (386) 228-9714